We don't get a whole load of Mesa Boogies here at ATB, so when we do it's always exciting...
This here is a MKIV combo, with the original cover and a fitted flight case. Produced from 1990 through to 2008, this is a reasonably early example, dating from 1991.
It's in okay cosmetic condition with a few bumps and tears to the tolex, but is firing on all cylinders and sounds absolutely awesome. These amps are so versatile, it's easy to imagine this being the only amp you'll ever need. The original foot switch is included too, making this a very enticing prospect for the gigging musician...
Here's what Mesa say about the MKIV on their website:
Legendary in performance, these giant killers continue the legacy that first defined MESA/Boogie®.
Their compact size, stunning power and ultimate versatility have served legions of proud owners who see the Mark IV™ as the culmination of guitar amp evolution. The fifty thousand, II, III and IVs still in active duty are testament to this heritage.
Three Big Sounds …with individual control and total conviction: Rhythm 1 feels bouncy and shimmers with freshness. The Lead Mode is blistering high-gain focus. And Rhythm 2 covers that elusive middle ground. This mode alone can produce an alternate Clean, a purring Blues or a grinding Crunch.
All this and the elusive magic of Simul-Class™ …our patented way of enriching a power section. Think of it as two different power amps working simul-taneously. One extracts the juice of Class A sweetness while the other delivers the high power punch of Pentode Class AB.
Available as a Short Head (Width 18-¾ inches), Wide Body Head (Width 22-½ inches), Compact Combo or as a Wide Body Combo with a rear mounted Celestion custom C-90, the Mark IV pushes a big, articulate vintage voice.
- Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- 85 Watts, Simul-Class™ Power / 4x6L6, 5x12AX7
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 3 Channels w/Independent Gain & Master Controls (Rhythm I, Rhythm II & Lead)
- Independent Treble & Presence Controls for Rhythm I & II (Bass & Mid combined)
- Fully Independent EQ for Lead Channel (Bass, Mid, Treble & Presence)
- Multi-Stage “Cascading Gain” Lead Channel (Lead Gain + Lead Drive)
- Lead Voicing Switch (Mid Gain/Harmonics)
- Pull Fat (Rhythm II & Lead Channel)
- Pull Bright (Rhythm I & Lead)
- Pull Shift Presence Controls (Rhythm II & Lead)
- Assignable 5 Band Graphic EQ
- Assignable FX Loop
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Spring Reverb
- Output Level Control (over all channels)
- Full Power/Tweed “Variac” Switch
- Simul-Class/Class A Switch
- Pentode/Triode Switch
- Record Out w/Level Control
- Silent Record Mute Switch (Pull Output Level)
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Input
- 6 Button Footswitch (Rhythm I, Rhythm II, Lead, Lead+EQ, EQ (Graphic) & FX Loop)
- Slip Cover
Short Head (Width 18-¾ inches)
Medium Head (Width 22-½ inches)
1x12 Compact Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters
1x12 Widebody Combo • C90 Speaker • Casters